Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 9

Lightroom practice. I've been watching videos. I will never be a professional, but I am having fun. It's funny how subjective photo editing really is.

We're back to one of my favorites of Lil. I just changed up the background a little bit. Just practicing.


Unedited

Edited

Edited more

Okay - so I'm confused. On my Mac - the colors are soooooooooo much different (and I like them here) than when I pull up the exact same blog and edited pictures on my HP. Which one is correct?

Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Suprisingly, I like the unedited version the best. She is wonderfully separated from the background, and the colors are so vibrant! :-) The only thing I would change is maybe bringing the reds down a bit for her skin tones. Do you shoot in RAW or JPEG?

    If your colors are so different, most likely your monitor needs callibration. Sadly, I have no idea how to do that on a Mac :-/ But I am sure Google will come to the rescue!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One monitor is probably a TN panel and the other one is an IPS panel. (Might be a VA panel, I doubt it)

    TN panels have low color accuracy.
    IPS panels have the most accurate representation of color.

    If you're doing any type of color correction/white balancing you should use an IPS panel monitor as you will see the colors as true as you shot them.

    ReplyDelete