Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 7

This is an old picture. I took this at my first camera class in February. We were learning how to:
1. Use natural light
2. Open the front door
3. Have the subject turn slightly to get some sun "shine"
4. Adjust F# to get some blurriness in the background.
5. Oh - and I like how the sun glare only shows on half of the face - but, if I had wanted I know that I could have used a flash to get rid of the shadow on the face. Or, have her turn her face a little more. I like the naturalness.....but art is subjective and not every will like that.


This picture really shows me that it doesn't really matter what is behind the subject - its just color and shapes. It could be picture frames, doorways, walls, or even toys - as long as the light is good and your settings are adjusted - it will turn out great. Well...that and your subject is cooperating. 

the "volunteer" model/student in the class

No comments:

Post a Comment