Monday, January 31, 2011

Canon for Christmas

I take a lot of photos. For years I have been admiring blogs and their photos. I have put "camera" on my wish list for long time. This past Christmas, Bryan set me up with my very own professional-like Canon DSLR - the T2i.

I'm lucky. So, very lucky. It was pretty much my best Christmas ever.

I was naive. I think I expected to open the box, admire my camera, read the manual, and be an expert. Well, maybe not an expert...but, you know what I mean. So, I opened the box, admired my camera, read the manual and immediately forgot everything I read.

Definitely NOT an expert.
Soooo much to learn.
Me = So lost.

I am now on a mission to master my Canon. I have been researching DSLR tips. I have been reading all about aperture and shutter speed and Image Sensoring. Some of it is making sense. SOME of it.

I have a friend that has offered to teach me some basics. I have scheduled a 3 hour training class. I would LOVE to take a longer, more thorough class...but, boy oh boy - they are EX-PEN-SIVE! So...self-study and mini sessions will have to do for now. Hopefully...hopefully I will just have a little natural skill. But, I'm not sure I'm that lucky.

Here's to me and my battle with my Canon. Let's see who wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment